Thursday, November 4, 2010

thankful for: things that keep me going

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so this will be a two-for-thursday post. Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me. First day coming off of night shift, and while I made it through the whole shift (3am is a crazy time to be awake), the next morning was rougher than I expected. I wasn't really planning on the whole sleep pattern thing, I just assumed I would sleep until my alarm! Oh, how I was wrong. My body, which I'm sure had good intentions, thought that I needed to wake up at 6 still....and 7, and 8:30, and 9, until finally I gave up at 10:30 and just got up. and then had to take a nap after my shower. and another one right before I left at 1. I made it (almost) all the way through my shift at work, but only through the miracle of caffeine. yesterday, I was very thankful for caffeine, in the multiple forms that I love it in...

beautiful coffee

and delicious diet pepsi.

I don't know what I would do without these guys on days when I don't get enough sleep....which brings me to what I'm thankful for today.

SLEEP!

Leaving work just two hours early last night made a world of difference in how I feel today. I slept almost until my alarm (I only woke up twice before--improvement!) I feel much more rested, and ready for work...that is, after I have my coffee.

and that is what i'm thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment