Sunday, September 26, 2010

diy decor: pumpkins

Fall is officially here, and I am officially ready to start doing some fall-related crafts. This first one I decided to try out is super easy, super cheap (always a plus) and super, super adorable....



Toilet paper pumpkins!  That's right, toilet paper. I can't take credit for this idea though, I saw a tutorial for these on one of my favorite blogs, Crazy Domestic (the original post is from The Sweet Life, another of the regular stops on my blog list.) Let me just show you how easy these puppies are. 

Supplies: 

Step one: 


Step two: 


Step three:


And voila! Adorable pumpkins to kick off my fall decor. 


I really like that you could choose any fabric you want to go along with existing decorations. I chose four different plaid patterns in warmer colors, so they still felt fall-ish, but weren't over the top (though these would probably also be cute with halloween themed fabric!).  I also made some pumpkins larger than others, by taking off layers of TP or adding more newspaper (or the extra TP taken off the smaller ones.) These are just the first of many pumpkin crafts I have planned, yay fall!




3 comments: